NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Kelmscott Agricultural Society (Inc) will be held at the Kelmscott Tennis Club, Cyril Rushton Centre, Kelmscott at 7:30pm on Tuesday 8th March 2022.
- To receive and confirm the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- To receive the President’s Annual Report for the year ended 31 December 2021.
- To receive and, if thought fit, adopt the Financial Statement for the year ended 31 December 2021.
- Conferring of Life Membership, if applicable
- Election of Office Bearers.
b. 2 Vice Presidents
d. Councillor representative on the Executive
In accordance with the rules, the following Councillors retire, but are eligible for re-election:
Mrs Jan Billan, Mr Timothy Choules, Ms Katherine Jolley, Ms Patty Majko, Mrs Helen Paton,
Ms Laura Satur, Mr Peter Savill, Mr Ron Speed, Mr George Stevens, Ms Emma Wray
- Proposal to update the KAS Constitution to comply with legislation and allow online meetings.
- Any other business with which the meeting is competent to deal.
Item 6 on the agenda relates to the updating of the constitution. Below is a copy of the proposed new constitution of the Kelmscott Agricultural Society. Changes had to be made to bring the Society into line with the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (Model Rules) and the Australian Not for Profits and Charities Commission (ACNC).
You may recall from 2021 that we voted down the previous version at the AGM as there had been concerns raised by members that needed to be addressed. We have had plenty of robust discussions around those and other sections, and the KAS Councillors have now endorsed the changes and will move to have the Constitution adopted by the Society at the AGM.